Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Paul Henning, 1911-2005

douglas
Lavish family meals of roadkill politely eaten around a pool table. A pig watching television. Doorbell-ringing ghosts. Two handymen, brothers, one of whom is a woman. Strange unchewable foods, all made from "hotscakes." Sitcom characters gaping in wonder at onscreen credits. Paul Henning, visionary creator of the Beverly Hillbillies/Petticoat Junction/Green Acres Universe--TV's Paradiso/Purgatorio/Inferno--died Friday at the age of 93.

Obits

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom,

Nice one about Paul Henning but where in the H*** did you hear about him? I lived in Danmark for 17 years so I know who he was but in Seattle? Sure loads of Scandanavians out there but did they show his films? Hard to believe is all I can say.

Glad you liked my blog and thanks for telling me the comments section isn't working. First I've heard of it.

Darryl Bowles

dbowles@arrakis.es