Friday, December 10, 2004

Kev-n D--ley

I just found out that long-lost buddy and former DC Comics editor Kevin Dooley is a contestant tonight on Wheel Of Fortune. I'll let you know if he does anything outrageous. Besides appearing on Wheel of Fortune.

Update: He was on in NYC, but here tonight in Seattle three contestants are spinning their brains out and none of them are Kevin. Oh, well. At least I don't have to watch Wheel Of Fortune. And it was nice to be reminded of him. Out of our whole group at DC in those days, Kevin was the funniest, in a performerly kind of way. Really quick, a great mimic... I'd love to run into him one of these days.

4 comments:

Alex Segura said...

What's Kevin up to these days? I'd be curious to find out. He wrote a column for The Pulse a while back, but I haven't heard from him since.

Alex Segura Jr.
The Great Curve

Stang said...

I'd love to know. I haven't seen him in years. Great guy.

Stang said...

True as far as it goes, El Duque. But the great Wheel Of Fortune players succeeded with five tools:
1) Vowels
2) Consonants
3) Presentability, or presentableness
4) Enthusiasm, and
5) Spinning. You got to SPIN to WIN.

Stang said...

I'm glad he did well, although I'm a little disappointed he didn't leap over the podium, ride the wheel around, and give Pat Sajak a Bugs Bunny kiss. Thanks for the info, Clint.